Building an Effective Cyber Risk Management Program that Actually Works
FAIR Institute Breakfast Meeting during RSAC2020
When: February 26, 2019, 7:30 - 10:30 AM PST
Where: Parc 55 San Francisco, Embarcadero Room (Level Three)
55 Cyril Magnin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
Map: 5 blocks from the Moscone Center
Save to Outlook
- Outline the various stages of adopting and building a cyber risk management program
- Explain the economic benefits of using quantitative models over qualitative methods
- Share experiences and journeys on how they have built or are building full risk management programs
- 7:30-8:30 AM - Breakfast & Networking
- 8:30-8:45 AM - Opening Remarks
- 8:45-9:15 AM - Keynote Presentation by Jack Jones, Chairman, FAIR Institute, author of the FAIR Model
- 9:15-10:00 AM - Showcase: User Case Study Presentations
- 10:00-10:30 AM - Q&A Session
*This event is open to FAIR Institute Members and prospective members who meet the proper qualifications. If you would like to apply for membership, please fill out the form here: Become a FAIR Institute Member.
Jack is the foremost authority in the field of information risk management. As the Chairman of the FAIR Institute and co-founder and Chief Risk Scientist at RiskLens, he continues to lead the way in developing effective and pragmatic ways to manage and quantify information risk.
As a three times Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) with forward-thinking financial institutions such as Nationwide Insurance, Huntington Bank and CBC Innovis, Jack authored the FAIR model, the only standard quantitative model for cybersecurity and operational risk. A sought-after thought leader, he recently published the award-winning book ‘Measuring and Managing Information Risk: A FAIR Approach’ and is a regular speaker at industry conferences.
Ascena Retail Group, Inc.
Mark has more than 20 years in cyber, information security and risk experience. He has been involved in a number of high-profile projects in the public and private sector specific to Computer Forensics, Security Analytics, Fraud, Geospacial Imaging, Photogrammetry, M&A, Penetration Testing, Social Engineering, First Responder/Emergency Response, and Risk Management. Mark is involved in many industry organization leadership roles like Evanta CISO Executive Forum and the Central Ohio ISSA Board of Directors.