Nominations Are Open for the 2023 FAIR Awards, Honoring Leaders in Quantitative Cyber Risk Management
The theme of the 2023 FAIR Conference (FAIRCON23) is “Embrace Digital: Managing Digital Transformation, Cloud, and AI Risk” -- and our annual FAIR Awards will honor a group of transformative leaders from the FAIR community who have shown excellence in quantitative risk management (CQRM) for cyber and operational risk.
FAIRCON23, the premier cyber risk management conference, comes to the Fairmont Hotel, Washington, DC, Oct. 17-18 (pre-conference training Oct. 15-16) and promises to be our best FAIRCON yet, with 35 sessions on such top-of-mind topics as:
- Analyzing the risk of AI
- Expansion of FAIR standards to cover materiality analysis, AI risk, third party risk and more
- Preparing for the SEC rule on cyber risk disclosure
Presentation of the FAIR Awards is always a highlight of the annual conference. The awards recognize the deep impact that the honorees have on their organizations by enabling operational excellence and effective decision-making, and in balancing the demands of security and the business.
The Three Award Categories
Nominate your honorees in three award categories:
- The Business Innovator Award recognizes forward-thinking leaders that disrupt the status quo by leveraging new insights gained through advanced risk analytics to better support strategic business decisions and improve key operational decision-making processes.
- The FAIR Champion Award recognizes leaders at the forefront of their organization’s FAIR initiative, who built successful risk quantification programs and, in that process, got data owners to fully join the program, stakeholders to help improve analysis, and decision-makers to adopt the resulting analytics as an integral part of their operations.
- The FAIR Ambassador Award recognizes a specific member’s work in bringing FAIR and the FAIR Institute to a new part of the world. The winner of this award is an individual who has helped spread the knowledge of FAIR into a new city, state, country, or continent, at the governmental or enterprise level.
Last Year’s FAIR Award Winners
2022 FAIR Business Innovator
Cedric de Carvalho
Cyber Risk Manager
Richemont International SA
2022 FAIR Champion
Head of Cyber Risk Management
2022 FAIR Ambassador
Sr. Risk Engineer, Equinix
Kansas City FAIR Institute Chapter Co-Chair
Submit nominations by August 31, 2023. Winners will be chosen by a selection committee made up of members from the FAIR Institute Board of Advisors.